USPlabs Jack3D Advanced Formula is a pre-workout supplement. This class of sports supplement is intended to be taken shortly before a workout to improve performance. Different formulas will give different results, but all are intended to give a boost in one or more of these categories: focus, energy, stamina, strength, muscle building and fat burning. Jack3D has ingredients that contribute to all six of those areas. This product is a new formula that came on the market in 2013. The manufacturer, USPlabs has been in business since 2006.
Features of Jack3D Advanced Formula:
- Pre-workout supplement
- Gets your body ready for hardcore training
- For male and female athletes
- Ideal for bodybuilding, strength training, and more
- Easy to use: just mix with water and drink 30-45 minutes before working out
- Three flavors: fruit punch, blue raspberry and watermelon
- Size: 8.1 ounce tubs
- Dose: 1-2 scoops (5.1 grams/scoop), approximately 45 scoops/tub
- Price: $22/tub (on Amazon as of the writing of this article), or just under $0.50/scoop
- Ingredients: include a proprietary blend of monohydrate and anhydrous creatine, arginine nitrate, Pinus pinaster bark extract, CarnoSyn beta-alanine, Pausinystalia johimbe (also spelled yohimbe) bark extract, norcoclaurine HCl and Swertia chirayita whole plant extract, as well as caffeine and vitamin C
- Other ingredients: citric acid, natural and artificial flavors, silicon dioxide, calcium silicate, sucralose, acesulfame potassium and some flavors include beet juice power for color.
This workout supplement is generally well regarded. Users of Jack3D report that they are able to work out longer and harder, with extra energy and increased focus and motivation. One excellent benefit frequently mentioned is feeling an extra boost to get past those tough parts in a workout that might otherwise feel like an insurmountable wall. Customers also like the flavors, with comments ranging from “tastes better than the competition” to “delicious!”
In addition to all of the anecdotal user reviews, there are studies of the ingredients to suggest that there is real, measurable benefit to using Jack3D Advanced as a pre-workout booster. Here are a few examples of the many known benefits of these ingredients:
- Creatine increases energy through ATP
- Arginine nitrate boosts nitric oxide, which in turn increases blood flow
- Beta-alanine increases carnosine in muscles to combat muscle fatigue
- Norcoclaurine HCl, also known as higenamine, is a fat burner
- Caffeine increases mental and physical energy levels, and studies support its benefits when working out
It is easy to see how taking this supplement before a workout can increase your focus and energy levels, give you more endurance and strength for a longer and harder workout, and also contribute to muscle building and fat burning.
There are some minor side effects that you may experience. A few people report nausea, vomiting or diarrhea. Some consumers find the “high” they get from this supplement lasts long after their workout is over and interferes with sleep. Many people report a tingling when taking Jack3D Advanced or other supplements that contain beta-alanine. It is minor in most people, and some people actually like it because they feel it pumps them up.
It is difficult to know what dose to use. The label on Jack3D Advanced suggests starting out with 1 scoop, and working up to 2 scoops if needed. However, some people have very strong reactions to using a full scoop, and need a smaller dose. Others complain that even 2 full scoops isn’t enough for them to get the desired results. Finally, a small percentage of people state they did not benefit from the supplement at all and felt it was a waste of their money.
Users claim great results, and studies back this up. Is Jack3D Advanced formula the perfect pre-workout supplement? USPlabs calls it the “ultimate pre-exercise training matrix.” Is it? The proprietary blend in Jack3D Advanced makes it impossible to know exactly what dose one is getting, so it is unclear if the doses of each ingredient are too low to be beneficial. As with most supplements, it is mostly unknown how the ingredients interact with each other or with any medications or other supplements you take. While most people who try it are happy with the results, it is impossible to know how effective it will be for you until you try it.
Overall, Jack3D Advanced gets high marks. The commonly reported negatives are all minor. The overwhelming positive is the increased potential of your workouts. The price for a single tub is very reasonable, so if you are looking for a pre-workout booster, it is definitely worth giving this one a try. Similar products range in price from about the same as Jack3D all the way up to over $2/serving.
LEGION Pulse Pre-Workout is one of the more expensive competitors. It does not use artificial flavors and sweeteners, which is nice, but most people won’t consider this a reason to spend two to four times as much per use. It has a different mix of ingredients. Whether or not is more effective is most likely a matter of individual body chemistry, differing workout goals and personal preference, rather than a matter of which product is better.
Jack3D Advanced Formula by UPSlabs is a solid and well respected product for its price range. Give it a try and see how much your workouts improve. How far can you go with the increased focus, energy and stamina you will get from this pre-workout booster?
USPlabs Jack3D Advanced Video Review