Last updated: August 9th, 2016
The home gym revolution started many years ago, and it has come a long way as we introduce the Total Gym 1900.It’s one of our top picks of the best home gym for this year. One of the companies responsible for the improvement in home exercise equipment is Total Gym. They completely revolutionized the way in which you exercise. It used to be that in order to get a good workout you had to use free weights. These were cumbersome and very heavy. When cable based machines were introduced, the exercise world was changed.
These machines were much lighter than free weight machines. They saved space and they were perfect for building muscle and toning. Total Gym makes a series of highly respected machines. Here is an overview of the pros and cons of their 1900 series.
- Ergonomic: The Total Gym 1900 has a comfortable ergonomic design. This is important for exercises where you are lying down. The bench is designed to be comfortable as well as practical. It slides back and forth which allows you to have a full range of motion. It also stays locked for exercises that isolate ab muscles.
- 60 Different Exercises: That’s really outstanding. If you were to try and achieve that with free weights you would find that it is impossible. One reason people go to commercial gyms is that they need multiple machines to workout with. You workout your pectoral muscles on one machine, then you move on to a machine that works your deltoids. This process is repeated over and over for each muscle. That’s why people might spend an hour and a half at the gym. They are wasting time moving from one machine to another. With the Total Gym 1900 you don’t waste any time. It’s been designed to allow you to perform 60 different exercises.
- Strength Building and Cardio: Many home gyms are great at either building muscle or giving you a cardio workout, but not both. That’s what’s so great about the Total Gym 1900. It lets you target both. There are cardio exercises as well as muscle building exercises.
- Pilates: This is great for people who are looking to create a strong core and want to also improve their stability. The Pilates bar allows you to perform stretching based exercises with the sliding seat. This is something that you won’t find on many machines. In fact, many gyms don’t have a dedicated Pilates area. Pilates is extremely important. You are stretching your muscles and in doing so improving the tone and shape. This gives your body a leaner and more defined look.
- Variable Difficulty: This machine allows you to adjust the resistance. It uses cables that are designed to use your body weight as resistance. This means that anyone can use the machine and get a good workout. It does not matter how small or large you are, because you are using your own body weight. You can set the machine to use as little as 3% of your body weight or as much as 45% percent.
- Fast Workout: Unlike a regular gym session where you might spend an hour exercising, your workout with the Total Gym 1900 will only take 15 minutes.
- Compact Design: This home gym is very compact and it can be folded up when it is not in use. This is great for people who only want to bring it out when they are exercising. The rest of the time they can keep it in a closet or in a spare room.
- You cannot add extra weight to the machine. This is not an issue for most people. The only type of person who might have a problem with this is someone who is involved in bodybuilding. If you want to build very large muscles, then you will need to workout with heavy weights.
- The weight limit on this machine is 350lbs. This is a high weight limit, but there are some people who will not be able to use the machine. If you are over 350lbs, then you might consider a larger home gym such as the Total Gym XLS Trainer. The Total Gym XLS supports up to 400 lbs.
The Total Gym 1900 is an excellent choice for people looking for an all purpose home gym. It will help you build muscle and also improve your cardiovascular health. The design is great for home use because it is compact and can be stored away to save space.
The combination of the weights, cardio, and Pilates, gives you an amazing workout. You will be able to build muscle, improve your cardio condition, and also strengthen and tone your core.
The Total Gym 1900 is a time saver. If you don’t have the time to go to the gym and spend hours exercising, then this is just the thing for you. You can get a full workout in less than twenty minuets.
If you are looking for a larger and more sophisticated Total Gym, then take a look at the XLS trainer model. It accommodates larger people and it also offers more exercises.
Total Gym 1900 Video Review