Last updated: August 9th 2016
The Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050 Rowing Machine is an exercise unit that one should consider when searching the market for a new rowing machine. The unit, grey and metallic, was released in 2013 and comes with a variety of features. This device measures 58.2 by 42.5 by 18.1 inches and weighs approximately 39 pounds.This rower made it to one of our top picks of the best rowing machine for this year.
Listed below are some of the pros and cons of this unit.
The machine is meant to have a footprint that is only 23.5 inches by 46 inches. It is meant to be compact and “out of the way.” The frame is made of steel and aluminum. It is meant to be tough and withstand rigorous use. Rowing is a generally low-impact form of exercise. Exercising with this machine should not cause users much joint pain or swelling. The seat is padded and designed for comfort. This allows users to row for long periods of time without feeling uncomfortable.
- The Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050 Rowing Machine features a display module that shows information like speed, distance, calories burned and more.
- The unit is fairly easy to assemble. Most users have reported that it takes somewhere between 15 to 45 minutes to fully assemble the machine.
- Unlike some rowing machines, the Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050 Rowing Machine has two separate handles, simulating actual rowing. This is unlike units that have one, single rowing device. This unit is meant to make the user feel like he or she is in an actual boat.
- The machine is very smooth. The rowing motion feels fluid, providing users with a challenging, yet even workout.
- The unit can be folded for storage. This allows users to hide the machine from view if they so choose.
- The seat can be moved forward or backward based on the height of the person using it. This allows the machine to be used by short and tall people alike.
- The rowing machine comes with a one-year warranty on the frame and a 90-day warranty on the parts.
- This model comes with floor protectors to help keep users from scraping or damaging floors.
- Resistance can easily be changed, allowing for a more challenging and rigorous exercise segment.
- The monitor turns on and off automatically in order to save battery power for the display.
- If used correctly, the Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050 Rowing Machine can help users burn up to 800 calories in one hour.
- The unit is meant to help users tone and strengthen the following areas: lower and upper arms, thighs, buttocks, calves, abdominals and back muscles. It also provides a cardio workout that is meant to assist in weight loss and overall heart health.
- The machine is very sturdy and does not list from side to side.
- Due to its small display module, the unit can easily be set up in front of a television. Users can workout and watch their favorite shows at the same time.
- This machine is a good alternative to people who run or bike multiple times a week. It allows those people to do a different workout that strengthens other muscle groups not worked when running or biking.
In order to use this machine, a person must weigh 250 pounds or less. People weighing over 250 pounds may want to reconsider before purchasing this unit. The machine does not feature a water bottle holder. This unit does not feature wheels on the base. This can make it a bit tougher to move from room to room.
- The rowing machine is powered by batteries, not AC adapter.
- The machine is not particularly quiet. Occasionally it squeaks and creaks until it has been “warmed up.”
- The unit does not come with instructions on how to properly row when using this machine. For people not used to rowing with a device such as this, this could be a point of confusion.
- Some users have complained that they have small feet that will not stay in the footholds. This seems to be a rare issue. Others have also said that the foot straps do not adequately hold feet in place while rowing. They complain that their feet slip out of the straps in mid-workout.
- Despite the fact that the seat was designed with comfort in mind, some users still complained that the seat did not fit well with their body.
- The pistons on the unit can heat up when working out for a long period of time. Occasionally, this can cause the machine to stop until it cools.
- Some users have complained that the product did not come as described. There have been complaints about cut wires and damaged or missing parts. Again, this seems to be a rarity.
- Occasionally, the resistance cylinder can leak oil. If this occurs too often, it can cause the cylinder to lose pressure and thus lose resistance.
Although there are a few issues that could be tweaked or improved, the Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050 Rowing Machine has positive features that generally outweigh the negatives. Its small, compact frame, informative display module, padded seat and fluid rowing motion make it a rower to consider when looking to add to one’s own personal gym. While other rowing machines like the Kettler Favorit Rowing Machine, LifeSpan Fitness RW1000 Rowing Machine, Velocity Exercise Magnetic Rower and H20 Fitness RX-950 ProRower Club Series Rowing Machine might come with more features, each of these costs much more than the Stamina Body Trac Glider. The Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050 Rowing Machine is a quality exercise unit for a very reasonable price.
Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050 Rower Video Review