Last updated: August 9th 2016
The Sole Fitness E35 Elliptical Machine balances the features of both home and commercial elliptical products. The elliptical machine is built with a rugged 375 pound weight limit and a lifetime warranty on the frame. Even the advanced electronics included with this machine are warranted for a period of five years. This means that the E35 is built even for extreme use in either a home or in a gym.
This elliptical machine is built exclusively with premium components that are designed to look great and perform well. Most components are built with solid metal materials that incorporate alloys and aluminum to give the elliptical a polished look. The screen and electrical components are backlit with a sleek design that resembles the console in a luxury car. Even when not in use, this product is a beauty worthy of admiration. This elliptical made it to our top picks for the Best Elliptical Machines of the year.
- 20 Resistance Levels: Not every user has the same athletic abilities. Additionally, these can vary over time. Therefore, dynamically variable resistance levels are an important feature for individuals who plan to improve in the long-run.
- Adjustable Pedals: Pedals can be adjusted based on a user’s stride distance and distance between feet. For extra comfort, the manufacturer worked with a professional therapist to perfect foot comfort.
- Chest Strap Included: Although this elliptical machine has fixed handlebars capable of measuring a user’s heartbeat, these are not optimally accurate and can be inconvenient. Therefore, this product includes a chest strap capable of monitoring heart rate accurately and conveniently.
- Sound System: The built-in sound system reduces the necessity of needing external speakers to play music. The ability to control music through the machine also protects valuable electronics from getting damaged during a sweaty workout.
- 375 Pound Weight Limit: Regardless of a user’s weight, this elliptical machine will continue to hold up well. This is great for users that are seeking to lose weight by using this elliptical.
- Backlit LCD Display: In darker light settings, LCD displays can become difficult to see. With this machine, users are free even to enjoy a movie in the dark while working out.
- Stationary and Moving Handlebars: Both stationary and moving handlebars are included to offer users the flexibility to use whichever they prefer.
The features incorporated into this elliptical machine through the internal computer system provide powerful features to help users track their performance. With a 7.5-inch display, users can view statistics like heart rate, calories burned, distances traveled, average speed, and much more. Users can even adjust the difficulty settings directly through this electronic interface. On the side of the display, users can add input from an iPod or MP3 player with their favorite music. This music is then played from either the internal speaker system or headphones using the headphone jack.
Long-term statistics can also be monitored carefully to ensure that users are actually advancing toward their goals. If users are lagging behind on their goals, they can take advantage of one the six standard workout programs included with the system. Users are also free to program their own workout plan with up to two customizable programs. This allows users to create specialized plans where cycles of peak output and rest periods are experienced throughout the workout. Especially for serious athletes, features like these can make this elliptical machine much more practical for specialized workouts.
To stay cool while working out, the machine blows a mechanical fan on the user. It also includes a built-in water bottle holder that stores away fluids for when they are needed the most. While many buyers disregard these features, they can make for a more enjoyable workout in a stuffy room or for athletes who sweat a lot. For increased comfort, the elliptical’s handlebars and foot pedals can both be adjusted to specific user dimensions. Since every user is different, this is an important feature that should not be neglected when looking for an elliptical machine.
One downside of this product is that it lacks a full-color display. Although the display looks great, having full-color would open a world of possibilities such as displaying images or videos while working out. When operating the display, many users have found that a touchscreen would have been more convenient. While the display can be controlled with the array of more than 20 buttons incorporated into the dashboard, this can get confusing at times. As a result, there is a learning curve to operating this advanced elliptical machine. However, users should keep in mind that this information is well-documented in the instruction manual.
Athletes who find themselves slipping off the pedals might not appreciate that there is no built-in functionality to keep feet locked in place. On many elliptical machines available today, foot straps are included to keep feet locked in place. Some users believe this makes it easier to apply maximum force to the pedals, although this can create safety concerns.
The Sole Fitness E35 is one of the best elliptical machines available on the market. It combines some of the latest technology with a rigid design built to last many years. Backed by a lifetime warranty, buyers have guarantees that this reality will actually be fulfilled for decades to come. The advanced adjustments to the pedals and handlebars allow any user to customize this elliptical machine to match their exact body dimensions. Even the resistance levels can be dynamically varied, allowing users to increase the difficulty as they get in shape.
This elliptical machine is a great choice for both competitive athletes and general home users. For weight loss, the machine supports even obese individuals before they start losing weight. Combining solid construction, technological features, flexible performance, and manufacturer guarantees, this elliptical machine is a great choice for any user looking to launch a new workout plan.
Sole Fitness E35 Video Review