The Lifespan TR800-DT7 Treadmill Desk workstation is an ergonomically designed desk and treadmill combination. This exercise machine comes with an electric height adjustment system with two memory presets, making it perfect for communal use.
The work surface is designed to provide ample space for all your regular office needs – from laptops to phones and printers; they may all be accommodated on this.
The treadmill itself has several advanced features built into it. The electric height adjustment option ensures that one may quickly set up the machine and begin to work and exercise. The two-user memory support system makes this process simpler. The Bluetooth system allows you to keep track of all your exercise data and have it analyzed with the Lifespan Fitness Club app. A single membership comes free with the purchase of the machine. The machine is currently available on Amazon for a discounted price of $1,769 and this includes free shipping.
Lifespan TR800-DT7 Features:
This exercise machine is a low-use treadmill-cum-desk that is ideally meant for individuals or for a small group of people who would like to walk and work simultaneously. Whether you place this in your room or in your office or in the common area on your work floor, it is a machine that will benefit many. The workstation part of the machine offers the following features:
- Work surface area of 46.5” wide and 31” deep giving you space to set up your laptop, phone, and printer and still have space to maneuver when you work.
- The treadmill’s console is placed in front of your desk so that it does not take away from your working space and reduces the footprint of the machine in your office.
- A thoughtfully located cable tray ensures that there are no unsightly wires hanging around and nothing dangles dangerously in your way.
- Padded armrests are a part of the set-up ensuring comfort while you work and exercise.
For those of us with little time to exercise, there is nothing like this machine that enables you to catch up with both. Besides the electric height adjustment and the Bluetooth set-up, here are some of the exercise-based features that you will enjoy:
- It records your footsteps and displays them to you with its trademark IntellistepTM.
- It detects foot impact and stops the instant you step down from it with IntelliGuardTM. This increases the safety factor of the machine and ensures no one is ever hurt, on or off the machine.
- Ideal for single users, the machine may be used for up to 3 hours each day.
- The LED integrated digital display will show you the number of steps taken, how long you have walked, how many calories you have burned, the distance covered and the speed of the walking belt.
The great thing about this work and exercise machine is that it is a silent performer. You may be using it right in the center of your office floor and be assured that no one around you will be disturbed with its sound. The product also comes with a lifetime warranty on the frame and a three year warranty on the motor. Here are some other benefits to this machine:
- Easy to set-up, literally giving you the ability to plug it in and begin use.
- Suitable for anyone ranging from 4’10” to 6’8” in height, allowing a wide range of users to benefit from it.
- The machine has a commercial quality feel to its construction, making it durable.
- The ergonomic design of the machine ensures that neither your work nor your exercise is affected by the set-up. Everything you need will be within visible distance.
- Setting up exercise goals and having a machine track it for you is a convenience.
- Comfort and safety are well taken care of with the padded arm rests and with the IntelliGuard that kicks in as soon as you step off the machine.
- The manufacturers of this product are so confident of its quality, and therefore, they offer you a warranty on the motor and a lifetime guarantee on the frame. So, you can expect the investment you are making to last for a lifetime.
As with any machine in the market, there is a flipside to this exercise-cum-work machine. Here are some of the ways in which it may disappoint:
- If you are not used to the idea of walking and working at the same time, it may take some getting used to. Typing as you walk will require some practice.
- You will need to purchase an additional membership if you would like to keep track of more than one person’s exercise routine.
- The look of the desktop is not as professional looking as some other brands, such as ModTable Mod-E, GeekDesk or VersaTable.
The Lifespan TR800-DT7 is a good purchase because it offers the user simplicity in installation and flexibility. It may be used by more than one person with minimal changes to the set-up. It offers the option of saving and tracking exercise requirements. It is quiet, so it is not obtrusive in an office or any other professional space. The price range is suitable to most companies looking for a work-and-exercise treadmill desk.