The Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine, now the best-selling indoor rowing machine in the world, offers an array of features for fitness enthusiasts. The full-body workout afforded by the Model D is suitable for routine fitness and for users interested in weight loss. An adjustable performance monitor provides rowers with data and feedback on their workouts, and an included USB cable connects the monitor to a home computer. The Model D is currently available in black and gray models on Amazon.com at a price of $900.00.
- Highly space efficient at 8’x2′; use requires a footprint of 9’x4′. The machine is easy to store, as it can be separated into two pieces via a quick-release frame lock mechanism and reassembled in minimal time; no tools are required to separate or reassemble the Model D. This rower weighs in at a total of 57 pounds (shipping weight is 68 pounds).
- Sliding seat allows for a rowing motion that provides a full-body workout, while the flywheel design ensures a smooth motion and minimal noise. The machine’s spiral damper allows rowers to easily alter airflow to the flywheel to adjust the feel of strokes.
- Many home fitness machines require constant maintenance and repair. The Model D’s nickel-plated chain requires far less frequent oiling than most rowing machines’ chains, saving time, effort, and money. The nickel-plated chain also ensures a smooth motion while exercising.
- Like all of Concept 2’s machines, the Model D is designed for commercial use as well as home use, meaning that it has the toughness and durability to last for many years. Concept 2 machines can be found in boat houses, health clubs, and training facilities around the world.
- The machine is extremely easy to set up, and should be ready to row within 10-15 minutes out of the box.
- Has a monorail length of 54”, and fits an inseam of up to 36”. Concept2 also offers an extra-long monorail at additional cost.
- Has a weight limit of up to 500 pounds.
- Concept2 offers training videos on its website demonstrating the correct way to safely use the Model D.
- Concept2 has a well-reputed customer service department to assist with any issues that may arise with the machine.
- Some users have complained that the seat included with the Model D is uncomfortable. The Model D is larger than some comparable machines, meaning that space conscious users will have to find space in their homes for storage.
- Some users found that their machines were either damaged or incorrectly assembled upon arrival, and had to reassemble them or request new machines before use.
- Monitor is not compatible with Macintosh products.
Rowing machines are amongst the best pieces of home exercise equipment available for full-body workouts, and the Concept2 Model D is a durable, health club-quality machine suitable for any level of rower. The easy assembly and storage options and the less frequent maintenance afforded by the nickel-plated chain make the Model D ideal for home use. Concept 2 offers excellent customer support in the event that any issues arise with the machine. Comparable products come at a significantly greater price; for example, the WaterRower Oxbridge Rowing Machine is priced at $1,360.00 on Amazon, while the Lifecore R100 Commercial Rowing Machine is priced at $1,299.00.
Concept2 Model D Rowing Machine Video
Have some experience with this rowing machine? Add a comment below and let us know how you liked it!